Hello!
Sorry for my absence but this month has been quite busy. Aside from school getting underway again I had an End of Treatment party for a dear friend that has finished all her cancer treatments! Naturally I celebrated by bringing cupcakes!
The mini vanilla swirls are I am happy to say were well received:


Next was my best friend and baking partner Nikita's birthday! So naturally I made her favorite, mango raspberry swirl for the occasion. I know she liked them. Plus I got to try out my newest tip. The Giant French tip from Adecco.





and lastly I was flattered when asked to make the cake for my partner's nephew's 2nd birthday. He is all about dump trucks (when he says the word it sounds very close to a profanity) so I decided to go with that theme. The kids loved it and I made the cake base low in sugar (made up for with the butter cream) to keep the mom's happy!



We also came up with a Banana butterscotch part 2 (a much better version in my opinion). It's sweet and savory. I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with a good name for it though.
"Scotchlate" is my next to try. I want to combine a chocolatey cupcake with a butterscotch ripple and a butterscotch butter cream icing. We'll see how that goes.

Now that school is in full swing I am expecting to slow down a little. Hopefully things will come back into full swing come December when the break hits. And plus... CHRISTMAS time will be here!

Have a great weekend everyone
Jen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

linkie ♥

Blog contents © Dolce Amore Cupcakes 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.