Monkeying Around this week

Hello Everyone,

I wish the above statement was true. The past couple of weeks have been a completely, fabulously busy whirlwind of exciting events. Aside from the summer course I am taking (for fun... I don't know why I do these things) work has been busy and baking has been top priority when time is available.

This weekend there are several events we're baking for. I have a 50th anniversary party for my Aunt and Uncle that I am baking mini cupcakes for, then a 20th birthday party and lastly a 2 year old's Monkey-themed birthday party.

Here are the fondant toppers we're putting on them!


I love these little guys. And since I didn't have round cutters in all the different shapes I needed I decided to get creative. For the eyes, I ended up using one of my wilton tips for decorating and just used the edge of those! Sounds a little bit messy but it was totally worth it!

I'll post pictures of all the finished product at the end of the weekend

Tip for the Kitchen: If you're ever trying to make new shapes, don't be afraid to use tools that have been created to do something else. Sometimes those are the best tools to use, and FREE! Just make sure they are well cleaned of course ;)

Till next time,
Have fun and eat a cupcake!

Jen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

linkie ♥

Blog contents © Dolce Amore Cupcakes 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.