Failures...

Today I have been thinking a lot about the term failure. Not just in baking (which has happened SEVERAL times when trying to create new recipes) but in life in general. Do you recognize the name Thomas Edison? He invented the first incandescent light bulb.

I once heard somewhere that Thomas Edison, one of the greatest inventors of all time, actually failed at creating the light bulb (among his many other inventions) over 5000 times before getting it right. When asked how he felt about failing 5000 times he responded, "I have never failed, I have simply found 5000 ways that do not work." I love this quote.
I think it's so important to remember that when we feel as though we are failing at something, we are just finding out ways that don't work. Moral of the story: KEEP TRYING!

Sometimes I need to give myself a pep talk like this so I thought I'd share this one with you too.

On a food related note- Nikita and I have a big day on Wednesday. We're testing out a few new recipes. I won't tell you the flavors until we have them complete though. Wish us luck! I'm pretty excited

Good night,

Jen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

linkie ♥

Blog contents © Dolce Amore Cupcakes 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.