Struggle... Struggle... SUCCESS!

This morning was quite an adventure. Nikita and I were putting together our first "pram" baby shower cake for an old colleague and friend of ours.

I got up early to start baking and the pan decided to start leaking. Yes LEAKING. About 3 minutes after the cake was in the oven I started to smell something burning. When I looked there were globs of batter burning at the bottom of the stove. It was not a pretty sight. I took that cake out, tried to put some foil on the bottom to prevent it from continuing, but it was too late. I couldn't very well give them a cake that I had lost confidence in. So I made a second one. Thankfully I had a second cake pan of the same size and it worked just fine! After taking it out of the oven I let it sit and then
Nikita and I began the decorating journey!

It started to look like a cute baby pram cake. I got really excited! We finished it in record time too. Sounds great right? it was!
Then we just had to take it from the board, and place it into the box.

That's when IT happened. The board cracked and folded. The wheels of the pram smooshed against the body of the cake. A mixture of yellow and pink frosting made the look like a terrible mess.
I wanted to cry, Nikita laughed hysterically. Then we both laughed. This WOULD happen to us, when we need to have it done in 15 minutes.

Lucky Nikita is a decorating genius and we were able to salvage the cake thanks to her.
THANK YOU NIKITA THANK YOU THANK YOU to the best partner ever!

Now it's safely stored away, waiting for pick up!
The picture quality isn't that great this time around, but here she is...



The cake is a vanilla chocolate marble. It's topped with vanilla butter cream and filled with vanilla custard. I hope they like it!



Now... it's time to rest.

Have a great weekend everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

linkie ♥

Blog contents © Dolce Amore Cupcakes 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.