I Scream for Ice Cream

Hello!
So I got a new ice cream maker (it is the Kitchen Aid attachment for the mixer, and quite possible the best purchase I've made in a while) and... I LOVE IT!

This week I tried my hand at making homemade chocolate coconut ice cream. I shredded some bitter chocolate, mixed the yolk and sugar over a double boiler (which I had to improvise with since I do not have one... next purchase perhaps?) and let it set for about half an hour before putting it into the ice cream maker. I was really happy with the results. Kind of like soft serve creamy goodness.

The recipe is from William Sonoma's collection and I added in about 1/4 cup of shredded coconut just before setting it to cool.
Click here for WS Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe

Next week i think I want to try making an ice cream brownie, cookie cake. It sounds weird, but I'll explain it later if it works out haha.

There are a few birthday's and BBQ's coming up which means CUPCAKE time!

One of the dozen's will be our classic buttermilk vanilla cupcake with vanilla buttercream, and another will be some sort of surprise, but definitely with cream cheese frosting (her favorite dessert is cheesecake so we'll see what I can put in there).

I want to leave you with another sneak peak of the Marlee MacLean Photography session... our website is launching in less than two weeks and I'm so excited!

Our *quickly becoming* famous Raspberry Lemon Drop cupcake (a personal favorite of mine for the summer).


A light and fluffy cupcake with light raspberry puree buttercream and a fondant star! For some reason this cupcake just brightens up my day.


Have a great long weekend if I don't see you soon!

Jen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

linkie ♥

Blog contents © Dolce Amore Cupcakes 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.