cake decorating take 2

It's happening... I can feel my heart rate starting to rise ever so subtly. haha No I'm just kidding. But seriously I'm pretty excited because this weekend I'll be creating a cake with a Concert stage "winx" theme for a special little girls birthday. I'm excited to get to try my hand at fondant again, hopefully with much better results than last night (it was 2007, humid, and I did NOT know what I was doing). I'll definitely keep you posted.
Here is what I'm using as inspiration

It's a Wilton "Diva's Debut Cake". My cake will look significantly different than this, but generally the concept will be the same. I'll show you the final product as soon as I have it done! (just for starters, mine will be a rectangle, and not have those dolls on it)

I'm compeltely open to suggestion by the way! Feel free to tell me what to do.

Have a great day!

PS I'm starting a week long mini bake a thon with something different everyday before Saturday (my brother is hosting a BBQ/Party thing) and I usually like to have some homemade treats on hand. So far I'm thinking homemade oreo's, mini cupcakes, ice cream... and MAYBE some ice cream sandwiches, although I don't know if I'll have enough time.
Wish me luck!!!

Jen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

linkie ♥

Blog contents © Dolce Amore Cupcakes 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.