Lemony Lime Coconut Pie

Good morning everyone!

As I sluggishly made my way to work this morning I thought what better way to start of a gloomy Monday than with a recipe to a declious pie.
This past weekend as you may know (if you read this blog) I made a delicious (and ridiculously easy) key lime pie. As it turned out I thought making 2 pies would be best since there were going to be 10 adults at this dinner and I wanted to make sure they had enough for seconds!

So, since I only bought enough lime for one key lime pie I decided to change the second to something slightly different. Below is the recipe!

Lemony Lime Pie Adapted from allrecipes
Ingredients
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust (or make your own)
2 and 2/3 cups sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup sour cream (I used 5%)
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
1 and 1/2 teaspoon of grated lime zest
1 and 1/2 teaspoon of grated lemon zest
1-2 tablespoon(s) of shredded coconut (I used sweetened but unsweetened would be best) **optional**

Method
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

2. In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime rind. Mix well. Add in shredded coconut and mix for another 10 seconds.

3. Pour mixture into gram cracker crust and sprinkle more shredded coconut on top.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 12-16 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles form and burst on top (this took a little longer than I thought so keep checking it to make sure it cooks and the pie doesn't brown)
The coconut on top should be a little toasted (brown in color) when the pie is baked.

Make sure you put the pie in the fridge to completely cool (about 2 hours).

This pie was sweet and tart with a tropical flare. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.



Happy Monday! :)

Jen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

linkie ♥

Blog contents © Dolce Amore Cupcakes 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.