Summer is here!

Good Thursday morning!
So now that summer is here and I am officially finished my school work until September I thought it might be a good idea to begin blogging on a more regular basis.

With the new website still in the works I have been very busy creating new ideas and cupcakes for some really amazing clients. I am at work right now (shhh) so I don't have the pictures from last weekend's Parisian themed bridal shower but I will get into that tonight or tomorrow... I promise.

This coming weekend gets even more love filled and exciting.
Saturday I'm completing an order of mini's for Jenna and Glenn's engagement party(congratulations!!!). After that I'll be doing an order for an ecclectic 23 year old whose friend wanted the fondant toppers to really reflect her taste and personality. I must say it is going to be the oddest group of fondant toppers I've had on a dozen cupcakes to date (I'll be sure to post pictures of that also in a couple of days). I am excited to see how they come out.

Lastly a dear friend of mine that I have known for 19 years (wow... I don't think I realized it was that long until now)is also getting married and has asked me to make the cupcakes at her bridal shower. I'm so excited! I've decided to do some fondant toppers for those as well and am hoping that the colors I've chose coincide with her raspberry color theme for the afternoon.

Tonight I'm going to be making one of two (or two of two) things for a family dinner party I am attending tomorrow.
Homemade Oreo cookies AND/OR keylime pie. Nothing says summer to me like Key Lime Pie. I've wanted to make it ever since we came back from our cruise (4.5 months ago!)

I know I've posted a picture of the oreo's before but I don't think I have sent out the recipe for a good keylime pie. I'll be trying out Jamie from mybakingaddiction.com's recipe. I have the utmost faith in her work... she's never steered me wrong before! Here is a link to the recipe if you're interested.
http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/key-lime-pies/

I'm hoping mine will look as delicious as this one. Wish me luck!



Have a great thursday! I hope you are enjoying the sunshine and warmth!

This picture makes me feel warmer already!


Jen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

linkie ♥

Blog contents © Dolce Amore Cupcakes 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.